Independent Testing – Overview
Why Independent Testing ?
- An independent tester can easily and repeatedly find out more, other, and different defects than a tester working within a programming team – or a tester who is by profession a programmer.
- While business analysts, marketing staff, designers, and programmers bring their own assumptions to the specification and implementation of the item under test, an independent professional tester brings a different set of assumptions to testing and to reviews, which often helps in exposing the hidden defects and problems
- A professional tester who reports to senior management can report his results honestly and without any concern for reprisal that might result from pointing out problems in co-workers’ or, worse yet, the manager’s work.
- An independent testing team has a separate budget, which helps ensure the proper level of money is spent on tester training, testing tools, test equipment, etc.
- Test consultants are skilled in testing processes, methodologies, tools and techniques
- Cost reduction
Testing – Highlights
- Agile Based Testing Approach and Planning
- Efficient use of Agile Project Management and Test Tools
- Early Testing : Static Testing of requirements, PSDs, HTMLs etc.
- Requirements modelling : Client Discussions and Querying
- Proven ecommerce business intensive Test cases and scenario design Techniques
- Proven Review processes : Verification
- Functional & System Testing interleaved with Regression cycles
- Sanity scrutiny on each Build
- Defect Triages with Technical Team
- Well defined Entry and Exit Criteria for each Phases
- Change Management : Impact Analysis, Updates and Additions,
- Independent Test Data Creation
- Best in class Defect Management Techniques
- Metrics collection
- Creation and Execution Reports : Coverage, Adequacy, Execution Summary, Defect Classification and Burn Down
- Project Health Reporting
- Integrations Testing : Real & Stubs based
- Active Support during : UAT and SIT
- Performance Benchmarking
- Release Management : Release Note, Production Test Support, Business User Trainings, Demos